Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Time is Precious


The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

God has been working in my life in the area of time.
He has opened my eyes to the fact that I have not been making the best use of time. I let other things take precedence over the important things.
Intentionality is a must.
Strong marriages do not JUST HAPPEN!
It also takes being purposeful to raise children who know God and his character.
My prayer today is that I use the gift of time here on earth to be intentional about the things that REALLY MATTER.


The purpose of prayer is to reveal the presence of God equally present, all the time, in every condition.
- Oswald Chambers |

1 comment:

  1. what an important quote by rober louis stevenson! thank you so much for sharing it today, kelli! and for making me remember that how i choose to spend my time is important. i love that photo of the flower! it just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete