Friday, September 11, 2009

Hooked on Cookies





My friend Pam at The Best Laid Plans had this recipe posted yesterday.
I knew that I had to make these cookies and quick!!
They were absolutely to die for!
If you like apples, these cookies will not disappoint.
I'm hooked on autumn cuisine!!!
Swing by Julia's to see what all the others are hooked on today at
Hooked on Fridays!


Spiced Apple Drops

1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup finely chopped apple
1 cup chopped walnuts
Apple Frosting

Lightly grease a cookie sheet. (Repeat greasing cookie sheet for each batch.) Set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or till softened.

Add about half of the flour to the butter. Add sugar, brown sugar, egg, half of the juice, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves. Beat till thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Then beat or stir in remaining flour and remaining apple juice/cider. Stir in chopped apple and walnuts.

Drop dough from a rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or till edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove cookies and cool on a rack. Frost with Apple Frosting. Store iced cookies in refrigerator. Makes about 40.

Apple Frosting

In a medium mixing bowl beat 4 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3-4 Tablespoons apple juice to make a frosting of spreading consistency. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.

6 comments:

  1. Those kids are so cute! I bet they enjoyed the cookies (both making and eating!). I love to include my kids when I am cooking! I want them to be able to cook when they leave home (they are 13, 10, 4 and 3, so I have some time on two and a lot of time on the other two)! I never learned how until I got married! Thanks for the recipe and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look wonderful.

    Thanks for your continued love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, love the Apple Cookies! Will have to try those. Where did you find those Acorns? Those are awesome! We may have to do a field trip, I'll let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children are so cute. Mine are crazy for sprinkles too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so delicious! What a wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look delicious! wow- you are really celebrating fall! you just might get me in the mood to put out my decorations :)

    ReplyDelete