Thursday, September 3, 2009

Nature Walk





AUTUMN - The morns are meeker than they were
BY
Emily Dickinson



The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.

A nature walk walk was on our schedule yesterday since the weather was perfect!!
We enjoyed seeing the early signs of fall!!
The Creator's presence is evident everywhere we look!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for posting this bit of Emily Dickinson--I love it and I haven't read it in so long!

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that acorn shot is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that passage from Hab. last night! I love it. What a message. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Emily's words, and your images are beautiful! That very last one is my favorite. . .gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete