Thursday, March 5, 2009

Searching

Ephesians 5:10 (The Message)
8-10You groped your way through that murk once, but no longer. You're out in the open now. The bright light of Christ makes your way plain. So no more stumbling around. Get on with it! The good, the right, the true—these are the actions appropriate for daylight hours. Figure out what will please Christ, and then do it.

This is the passage I studied last night and I was struck by verse 10. It instructs us to find out what pleases the Lord. I have always skimmed right over this verse. For some reason (Yeah, right, we know who was speaking) I read that verse several times and I was also reminded that..."the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." WOW! Don't you just get chills when His word speaks to you that powerfully?

I kept thinking "Am I really seeking the things that please Him? As I thought about it more, I came to the conclusion that in my life at that very moment, I had been seeking to please ME rather than Christ. This revelation if you will, pricked my heart. I'm thankful God is a God of forgiveness! Let us truly desire God more than the blessings he so richly gives!!


Psalm 119:37 (New International Version)
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word

1 comment:

  1. This is something I have found myself wondering alot lately... Am I always seeking to please Him? And truly what He would want, or what I would like to trick myself into thinking He would want for me? Good thoughts!! :)

    ReplyDelete