Saturday, March 28, 2009

Be Still


Do you ever catch yourself listening to that little voice inside your head? Today I was unloading the dishwasher, a mindless task that allows my mind to roam freely. These are the things that were frolicking in my mind:
"I hope Sawyer is not too wet and cold outside in the rain."
"Put clothes in dryer and wash another load."
"Did Chloe clean up her room like I asked?"
"I hope Sophie sleeps 2 hours today for her nap."
"Get the meal started for tomorrow's lunch at church."
"Did I close the van door?"
"Did I return the library books while we were there today or are they still in the van?"
"Next week is Spring break!!!"


It just kept going and going. It's overwhelming sometimes the conversations that take place up there. I just wanted it to be quiet for just a minute. I know we've all been there.

Suddenly I heard this whisper. "Be still." I thought to myself, "Where did that come from?" Again. "Be still."
Psalm 46:10 kept appearing in my mind. I breathed a prayer of thank you and paused a moment to ...let the word of God dwell in me richly at that moment!
Thank you God for reminding that sometimes we need to be quiet. To be Still.
Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment