Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Being Content

I came across a great post at Simple Mom today. Simply said, we can make do with what we have. We don't have to have the best of everything RIGHT NOW or ever! Sometimes, I think I will just die if I don't have that certain something instantly. But guess what? The sun does rise again and I am OK!!



God desires for us to know that true joy does not come from things or circumstances. This is something I wish to impart to my children. I can't find in the bible where God mentions that we are promised to be happy or comfortable. The Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:11, "..For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Did you catch the learn part? How do you suppose he learned how to be content. Prison or being hungry maybe? It's not something that comes naturally. If I am seeking the things of this world, Chloe, Sawyer and Sophie will learn to look to "things" to fill their God hole instead to the giver of all good things.



"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of God." Heb. 12:2

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder. I love the way Rick Warren puts it in his book, Purpose Driven Life, that we are to live for eternity and not in the moment, seeking only pleasure here but instead have a mindset of God's eternal purpose.

    ReplyDelete