Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Gift

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

3 John 1:4


As I sit here in front of the computer trying to decide what to say, I'm humbled by the graciousness of God. I KNOW in my mind that all things are from Him. As I let the STUFF of life bombard my small brain, I sometimes don't even think about the fact that each breath is a gift not to be taken for granted. Why do we let the awesomeness (Is that a word?) of God be forgotten? Let's make it a point to remind ourselves that God is at the center of our lives and let it be known to the world!!

I also wanted to let you know how the name of this blog came to be. My children love the song "Joy" that has the tune of Jingle Bells. The words are as follows:
Joy, joy

It must surely mean

Jesus first, yourself last and others in between.

I was struck by the simple yet profound message. God truly is the true source of joy, so it seemed to be a perfect name for a blog.


We had a crazy but fun day. We chose to participate in a Virtual Charter School for our 7 year old this year. I can't say that I love the curriculum, but we'll complete it and choose something else next year. My almost 5 year old attends a Montessori school and he loves it. All that "work" wears him out because he comes home exhausted! (LOL) Sophie is a typical toddler who is full of curiosity and mischief. Whew! I should be so skinny after chasing her all day, but... There's always tomorrow. A beautiful gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment