Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HoPe


Unwrapping the gift of each day.

Celebrating Chloe's 9th birthday gave me the opportunity to stop and think.

This is my 3__ autumn and I can't believe it.

How has time passed so quickly?
Last week I watched my elderly neighbor taking care of his lawn,

I realized that he was in his 92nd autumn season.

WoW!

He has watched the leaves change from green to magnificent

gold, red, and orange

92

times.


And watched them fall 92 times.

And 92 times he has watched the trees become full and beautiful

for 92 springs.


Folks, is that not astounding?

Did he ever think about this and did he wonder how his life had passed by at lightening speed?

This world is not our home.

We are just passing through.
(from a song we sing at church)

I pray that I leave a legacy of love and devotion to God for my children.

I pray that life is full of meaning and of "things" that really matter.

I pray that I seek first His Kingdom.

I pray that the trials we as a family encounter will only bring us closer to Him.
God said we will have trouble in this life

but

we

have

H O P E!


Romans 8:24

For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

5 comments:

  1. I know that song too:) I enjoy each day but life goes by way too fast! Have a blessed day!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, you will never know how much this post touched me today....how our lives could have been, and how they are are true blessings from God. So thankful to call you sister for the 28 years God has given me. I love you so!!!!---Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture. Great post. I have these oh wow moments in my life, too. It can be difficult to think of this life as not the real deal. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelli~ That was a superb post! It is nice to stop and marvel at what older folks have seen in their lifetime. I love to hear their stories more than anyone else's. I hope Chloe had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite post of yours ever. You not only started it with that wonderful toe curling picture, but you wrote such a wonderful message.

    You're so right. Do we really sit and contemplate the way that time flies? Sometimes I do. Sometimes, I try to ignore it.

    My leaves have been falling for 48 years.

    I "Amen" all that you pray for yourself and family.

    ReplyDelete