Thursday, October 1, 2009

God's Fingerprints are Everywhere!





Our favorite part of the day is exploring nature during outside time.
We have talked about God, creation and how God's fingerprints are everywhere.
Being in nature is a reflective time for me.
I pray for Chloe, Sawyer and Sophie's heart to be impacted by Christ's great love for us.
Sometimes I get so caught up in their outward behavior that I forget about what's going on inside. If I just teach them to obey and "act" right just so that others won't think poorly of me as a mother, I am essentially ignoring what God says about our heart. Knowing how to affect their hearts has been difficult for me. Being too harsh seems to be a temporary fix and being too lenient will not benefit them in the long run. This parenting thing is hard but I guess it's not supposed to be easy. If it was, I'd be doing it wrong.
Leaning on God, trusting in Him and turning to His word will give me strength!

Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

2 comments:

  1. this post is a great reminder...one i needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really hard to know if you are doing right by your children all the time. You just have to go with your gut most of the time. You seem to me like a great Mother. You home-school and I think that takes tremendous sacrifice and patience. Thanks for the motivation! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete