Monday, October 12, 2009

The Gift of Being a Parent





I'm unwrapping the joy, tears, exhaustion and laughter that these 3 blessings have added to my life!
Dull and quiet moments are things of the past.
Relaxing? Yeah right!
But at the end of the day when I step on the lone Lego piece for the hundredth time and place the pillows BACK on the couch...again,
I am thankful for the chance to shepherd these precious hearts and know that this season will pass before I'm ready.
Unwrapping the blessings of being a mama!
I'm joining Emily at Chatting at the Sky!!!

5 comments:

  1. i couldn't link over from chattingatthesky- just wanted you to know!

    ahhhh yes. those stray legos! ouch! and i thought i was the only one who had to pick up pillows every trip through the living room... but you are right. there is nothing else on this earth like being a mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful mom and your children will rise up and call you blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that perhaps this is the greatest blessing in the entire world. It amazes me that God allows us this chance to know the kind of love He has for us. Celebrate it! Rejoice over it! Savor it!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just having a child is a lesson in God's grace for us and how He speaks to us just as we speak to our children...."How many times have I told you...", "I am not happy with your choices, but I will always love you..." ETC, ETC, ETC...
    Thank you for sharing!
    Tamera@doubledelight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you :) It's good to remember they're a gift, even while stepping on matchbox cars ;)

    ReplyDelete